IBM's Watson Research Center (Cambridge, MA) is looking to hire a creative researcher to join the team at the Center for Innovation in Visual Analytics (CIVA). We are currently looking for candidates with a research track record in information visualization and a good understanding of human-computer interaction, decision-making processes, and social sciences.
Our research group aims to advance the state of the art in visual analytics. We are an interdisciplinary group comprised of computer scientists, data scientists, social network analysts, and designers. Our laboratory is located a few minutes from the MIT campus in an inclusive, friendly, open work environment.
We are working in a diverse set of truly fascinating projects ranging from pure R&D/papers (VIS, Infovis, CHI, SIGGRAPH), to applied mathematics, to prototypes for large global industries, to gallery installations.
Are you this candidate? Contact email@example.com
- Use thorough understanding of data analytics to drive the design and creation of new visualization paradigms
- Identify and explore new sources for data generation, creating innovative tools for data mining and processing
- Interpret, analyze, and model complex datasets for visualization and communication
- Develop methodologically sophisticated tools for statistical inference and predictive analytics
- Create avant-garde visualization platforms that bridge the gap between data, analysis, and understanding
- Investigate creative human computer-interaction systems for deeper levels of expression and engagement
Skills and Qualifications:
- Data processing, modeling, analysis, and visualization skills
- Comfortable working in a variety of IDEs, including Eclipse, Xcode, and Visual Studio
- Comfortable Developing for Following Platforms: OSX, Unix, Windows, Android, iOS, J2ME, and the Web
- Knowledge in all Adobe Creative Suite Applications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Readiness to travel 10% travel annually
- Proficient verbal and written English
- Doctoral Degree
- At least 3 years experience in C/C++
- At least 6 years experience in Data Visualization
- Fluent English